Accidental spillage of kerosene. Can smell cause any harm to child and unborn baby?

hi there, i am 33 weeks pregnant and last weekend we had an accidental kerosene spill in our car (on back seat). whenever i drive, i keep the windows open, but the smell is still there. we also have a 8 year old daughter sitting on the back seat. i had the car s interior detailed the next day, but smell only weakened slightly. do we need to be concerned that the smell causes harm to either my 8 year old or the unborn baby? thanks, nicole
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description. Kerosene is a bye product of petroleum and has a peculiar odor which is a bit troublesome. It is also inflammable. It also vaporizes reasonably fast.

Even after its vaporization the odor remains for a week of so. There is nothing to worry about it. Nothing will happen even if the child breathes the odor.

I hope I am able to give you answer. I can be of assistance further.
Good luck.