Accidental darting of hot oiled hair causing scratchiness in the eye, occasional cloudy vision that improves with watering of eyes. Remedy?

i was using a flat iron to comb my hair today about 5 hours ago. when using the flat iron in the front of my head, a piece of hair flew into my right eye. the oiled hair was hot. it stung and my right. my eye feels a little scratchy when i move my eye from left to right. my vision is a little cloudy at times. however, it improves once my eye waters. what should i do?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hi tyra, looks like a piece of hair has got lodged on to your conjuctiva. It would be best for you to go visit an opthalmologist so that he can do an exam and if required remove the hair part and give you some antiseptic or antiallergic drops. Hair may also have got embedded in the cornea which explains the cloudyness though ther would be sever pain.,one way or the other it is best to get it removed and get treated for the same. Take care.
Ophthalmologist Dr. Swapnil Kothari's  Response

Dont worry. God has designed the human body such that small things tend to take care of themselves. It might be that u have caused a small burn in the skin of the eye(conjunctiva). But this tissue is pretty resilient to damage. Watering is the way of the eye to remove any dust or to take care of any small foreign body.

If you dont feel ok in a day, then maybe you can consult an eye specialist. In the meanwhile take care that no dust goes into your eye.

get well soon