Accident, bruises on thighs, growing, getting darker, red and yellow patches. Normal symptoms?

Hi, I crashed my Bike on 8/31 and landed on the thin edge of a piece of sheet metal. I was wearing jeans so it didn t break the skin in a substantial way, but the bruises on my thighs continue to grow and get darker. the bruise on my left thigh now covers over a third of my thigh. Is this normal for a bruise or should I see a doctor? The bruises range in color from thick dark red patches down to yellow where it has recently spread.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012