Abscess on finger, painful, fever, abdominal pain, malaise, diarrhea, cold sweats

My husband is a chef at a seafood restuarant and recently had to go the ER for an abcess on his little finger . It started as a pimple , the next day it had stayed the same size but had a tiny black head on it and by the middle of the day he was sent home it looked like half of his little finger was a giant pus pocket and the pain shot up to his arm and chest. It was lanced and some of the flesh was removed. He was given a series of antibiotics which he totally consumed. Saturday 10/20/12 he was at work, fell on his back due to wet stairs and scraped his back in several places. He had a sever amount of pain but said he was fine. He had a catering gig that same day and worked 21 hours straight. Needless to say he was beyond exhaustion. The following day 10/21/12, he had a fever of 102 which he still has to this day off and on, abdominal pain , malaise , diarehhea, cold nigh sweats, fatigue. He is still ill but has to go to work today.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012