Abscess in tooth, swollen and hard mouth, brown pus drainage. Normal?

Hi. My fiance has spent 3 days in the hospital with what I think is an abscessed tooth ..which we are working on getting pulled somehow but my question is this around is tooth and gums directly where the tooth is I font see any swelling but his jaw right at his jawbone and below his mouth were swollen and really hard. After coming home from the hospital the abscessed busted and started to drain but not from around his tooth from somewhere further back in his neck and the pus coming out is milky brown not yellow at all. I am wondering if this is normal or should I be worried and if he swallows any will it hurt him? He is on clindamycin antibiotic ..
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012