Abscess in mouth, swollen face. Can I take penicillin?

Gd aftn. I have a abcess in my mouth and it swollen up my face . Becaise i have just lost my medical and im wating to get it back i been using something my friend gave me. She said it was penicillin and its a white oval pill with the number 8 on one half and 5 on other half. On the back is a letter e. Will this help reduce or take away the abcess?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
hi dear

Its very difficult to guess the medicine by your description...anyway treatment of an abscess depends on various factors like size, location or response to medicines....But best treatment is drainage of abscess and get culture and sensitivity of the abscess done to find out the best medicine for it is advisable that you consult your doctor and get the proper treatment before it gets complicated

Dr Sachin Verma