Abscess, deep cleaning needed. History of stents, peridontal problems, abscessed teeth, some with root canal fillings. Advise?

hi--am dds and need to know a good protocal for a adult pt who has had 2 stents placed 2 months ago. pt hassome perio issues and 3 abcessed teeth . 2 were tx with root canal fillings by the former dds. pt now presents with another abcess and nees some deep cleaning. was thinking of pre op amoxicillin 500 mg tid for7 days for thfoneorfore acute swelling on the upper molar the n removing it later. then doing the perio tx using 500 mg amoxicillin
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013