About Oral Contraceptives and protection. Are there any other alternatives ?

I am 23 years old, i m getting married in 18 days. My doctor told me to take Ovral-l, starting from the first day of my period. But my periods ended 2 days back. I can t wait till my next period, neither can I take the risk of not taking the pill. Should I start taking the pill from today onwards? will i be fully protected ? Are there any other alternatives ? And yes, my husband doesn t want to use condoms, neither am i looking forward to using diaphragms.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jan 2010