Abnormal white thickness on right eye, sclera thickening slightly attached temporal side of iris, red and irritable. Suggestion?

When applying eye make-up 2 weeks ago I noticed the white of my eye wrinkled up and moved partially over my iris. I went to an optomotrist who immediately sent a refferal letter to my GP. Which states I have an abnormal white thickness moving on my right eye. Examination under slight lamp shows scleral thickening slightly attached temporal side of iris by limbral area. Seems plargium like but not. Please can this be investigated by an opthamologist within 2 weeks. As I had not yet heard anything further I went to my GP today to check if they had received the letter. They had but didn t consider it worth doing any thing further! I have been told they will contact the hospital now, but if I m worried I should just go to eye casualty myself. It is in my left eye as well but not as prominent, both eyes are quite red and irritable. What do you suggest? Verria
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013