Abnormal periods, abdominal pain. Taking birth control. Normal to have orange periods?

For the past few months my period has been very strange. It all started in November when I had my period for two weeks straight. I went to my doctor and she said that it was because I was stressed, so I kinda just ignored it. Then the next month I started having pain on my lower left abdomin, I thought it was just cramps . Then for te next three months I didn t have my period at all. I usually get my period when my Birth control pill changes color. But nothing happened. I don t think it ha anything to do with my birth control because I ve been taking the same one for two years now. Anyways I started my period today. I noticed it was a strange orange glossy color. Is that normal? What could be the cause of it?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013