Abnormal menstruation after unprotected intercourse. On birth control. Chances of pregnancy?

I m sure this may seen awkward, but I m concerned. My period was late this month but not by much. I m having abnormal period blood . It s gooey like snot coming from my vagina , it s clear on it s own but with the menstruation it s pinkish. My boyfriend and I we re worried that we may be pregnant(even though I m on birth control ) but with the period we put it out of our minds until this. My question is this: could we be pregnant or is this just an abnormal month?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012