Abnormal heart beat, palpitations, head tumor close to optic nerve, lack of sleep. Taking bayer aspirin. EKG to be done. Causes?

My brother is complaining about an abnormal heartbeat , he called it heart palpitations. He also has a tumor in his head very close to his optic nerve , he s having surgery for this problem within a few weeks. Could the two be related. The irregular heart beat interrupts him from sleeping some nights. I told him to go to the hospital and get an EKG but instead he went to the drug store to get bayer aspirin so I told him to have is blood pressure checked while at the drug store. What could be causing his irregular heart beats? Thank you for your help.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012