Abnormal amounts of hair on body, face, irregular periods, had cysts in ovaries when young. Does this indicate PCOS?

I am 19 years old and I think I might have PCOS . I ve known something was different since I was about 14. I mentioned something was different to my doctor and she dismissed it all together. I have abnormal amounts of hair on my arms, legs, chest , chin and upper lip . Its very hard to live with and very embarrassing. I also have irregular period. When I was 15 I was told I had cysts in my ovaries but was told not to worry about it unless they were painful. So I just forgot about it, but the symptoms still remain.
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012