Abdominal pan, ruptured ovarian cyst, done surgery. Does appendicitis look normal from outside?

Hi there, I had severe pain for 3 weeks in the abdominal area (right side) and got rushed into hospital for the first time for ? appendicitis . When they operated on me they found inflammatory fluid and I quote angry down belows and ovaries . They put my pain down to a ruptured ovarian cyst and so did not take my appendix. 3 weeks down the line I was still in agony, I couldnt walk properly and felt really ill. I didnt have a temperature or anything. They decided to do a laproscopy again as I got readmitted and this time took my appendix and said it looked normal but they will send it off to the lab. At the same time, the surgeon said I needed to be referred to gynaecology because my fallopian tubes looked inflammed and there was free fluid. He wrote this on my laparoscopy report, They told my mum I needed to be referred to gynaecology, and then this morning they said to me I didnt need to and everything was normal. I am soooo confused! I was messed about majorly by the hospital. My pain isnt as bad now the appendix has been removed. Can you get appendicitis with it looking normal on the outside and inflammed on the inside?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012