Abdominal pain with loose stool,sweetish smelling stool,acidity in food pipe

Hi, I had a little pain in my abdomen one day followed by loose stool ... just once and then after that day I am having sweetish smelling stool... and if i haven t eaten anything then i can feel that aftertaste in my mouth too. it has been 20 odd days like this also i feel acidity in my food pipe for the past 4-5 days. Is it normal? Do I need a check up? Doc says it must be some infection.. Kindly guide
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query

Your information points to drug induced gastritis

It is a situation where the mucosa is inflammed because of long term use of medicines

Do not take painkillers, they will have no effect

Instead take a proton pump inhibitor before breakfast till your medicines continue

The feeling of food sticking is also a sign of reflux disease

DO not take spicy and fermented meals

Lie down on your left side and do not stoop

Take small frequent meals

If these do not work, consult a Gastroentrologist and get a Endoscopy done

Hope this helps

Am available for any followup queries

If there are no further doubts, do accept my reply and rate it

Get Well Soon
General & Family Physician Dr. Kamal Kishore Bandil's  Response
Take treatment for Colitis and Acidity.