Abdominal pain when coughing or sneezing after umbilical hernia repair. Could I have pulled a stitch?

Hi -- I am a 49 year old woman, had an umbilical hernia repair on April 19.. it was larger than anticipated, and had mesh put in. No complications from surgery. But now I have very sharp pain in my abdomen, expecially when I cough or sneeze - I can equate the pain to that of a stitch being pulled, or something like that. I know that the nerves are coming back to life too -- could I have pulled a stitch inside or something like that?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012