Abdominal pain, vomiting, persisting stomach swelling after surgery for ruptured appendix. Cause?

Hi, my 3 and a 1/2 year old brother had his ruptured appendix removed by surgery five days ago. He came back from the hospital today. After the surgery, his stomach was seriously swollen, which the doctor said was due to gas. He often felt nauseated, and even vomited, once a day after the surgery, every evening. He also complained of pain in hi stomach/ abdomen area but since he is young and very weak after the operation, he didn t exactly point where it was paining. I m really worried because the vomiting is usually a symptom of appendicitis so it should stop after the appendix is removed. Also, the doctor had said his swollen stomach would gradually reduce but it hasn t. What is wrong with him?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012