Abdominal pain, stools with mucus, loss of appetite, liquid diet, pus cells in stools. Cure?

Hello Doctor, My Mother aged 84 years complains of pain in the middle upper portion of the abdomen since a week. She passes miniscule amount of stool with mucus very frequently during day as well as night. She has lost appetite for cooked food & subsists on liquids (fruit juice, vegetable soup, etc.). Her routine stool test reveals presence of mucus and OCCASIONAL Pus Cells. What is the cure for this type of ailment? Please advise. Regards.
Asked On : Fri, 4 May 2012
Hi....your mother is having gastritis...start her on any tea or coffee or spices...give her soft fooda like rice, curda, bananas...high fiber diet, vitamin n mineral supplements...she vl b fine...

Dr. Ashish Verma