Abdominal pain, smoker, pain during bowel movements, taking Omeprazole. Afraid of gall bladder cancer

Hi Doc, I m a 37 years old man. I m having pain in the lower left side of my abdomen (mostly in the center of my lower abdomen). I m a frequent smoker and smoke about 12 cigarettes a day and also consume alcohol a lot. I was afraid it might be a gall bladder cancer and consulted a doctor over here. I have gone through all the tests that the doctor suggested and he said there s nothing to be afraid as cancer and sugested me to follow some medicine. Now I ve been following the medicine for the past 40 days and saw some 60% relief with the pain. But I m still afraid about the pain because whenever I press in the region of the pain, it seems to hurt me a bit. Whenever I piss, I feel some pain or a sensation that is similar to feel of pissing whenever the body gets over heated. Whever the stool loads, I do feel pain. After taking the medicine, the pain has reduced a bit. Medicine that I have been taking. Omeprezole (before food) Percin 600 Urikind I don t remember the other medicine names as of now. Pls help me curing this problem.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012