Abdominal pain radiating into back after cholecystectomy. Can a general anesthetic procedure be used for ECRP?

I have had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy procedure 7 months ago. I was in pain 5 years before it was decided to remove my gall bladder and from the day of surgery to present I am in constant pain in the right side of my abdomen radiating into mg back. I have been told I have post cholecystectomy syndrome and told there is nothing that can be done for my pain. I was offered an exploratory ercp but I am absolutely petrified of having this done unless under a general which was not offered. I have had other procedures previously with sedation and have fully remembered the experiences which have now contributed to my white coat syndrome and sheer panicking Wight regards to procedures. Can u please tell me ice a general anaesthetic could be used and any types of pain relief which may help. Even tramadol does not ease my discomfort.
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012