Abdominal pain, passing blood with stools, constipation followed by regular bowel movements. Opinion?

I am experiencing abdo pain in the lower left quadrant and passed a small amount of fresh blood mixed with a semi formed stool . I can often have bouts of constipation followed by regular bowel movements for several weeks before the constipation returns. My diet is healthy and full of fibre and does not change. I have never had pr bleeding before and as there are no haemorrhoids obvious and no other symptoms to suggest I have them, I would be interested in your opinion as to what to do next
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012