Abdominal pain on the right side. Could this be due to menstrual pain or ovarian cyst?

Hi I seen my doctor on Monday past regarding right side abdomal pain. I ve had the pain before from appox a year ago. It comes and goes. And my doctor suggested it could be mid cycle pain. She asked me to keep note of when the pain occurred. She has also reffered me for an ultra sound incase of an ovarian cyst . The pain this time is different to previous time I ve had it. In that it s constant and has been constant from Sunday last. 8 days ago. I m concerned. I m unable to do a lot of physical activities as it worsens the pain. I find my self Laying down a lot to ease the pain. I really don t want to go to the out of hours. Because I am a single parent to a 5 year old. But was hoping my mind could be put at ease. Hoping that mid cycle pain can last this long. Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012