Abdominal pain on right side under ribs. What can I do to stop it ?

i have abdominal pain on my right side under my ribs and it keeps me up hours at a time. i dont get it all the time. only after i have had fried or fatty foods. from the little research i have done, i think it is my gallbladder . what can i do to stop/prevent this pain from happening again? i have slight relief after a bowel movement and when i scrunch up a certain way, but my relief is always short lived. the pain sometimes lasts 3-6 hours. one night it lasted from 10pm to 6am.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013