Abdominal pain, nausea. Diagnosed with kidney infection. Should I continue second course of cipro?

I went into the ER with complaints of pain in my right abdomen, nausea , bp of 176/81. I was given fluids for dehydration , which also included cipro and pain medication. The doctor s diagnosis was kidney infection and I was given 1000mg/ day for 10 days. The problem is that I just finished a course of cipro (1000mg/day for 10days) 1wk ago. Is this normal to have to take a second course of antibiotics?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013