Abdominal pain, high fever. CT says Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Can inflamed colon be due to finger insertion in anus ?

I had abdominal pain and a high fever for 2 days. I went to my doctor, and he had me get a CT scan to rule out appendicitis . When I got the scan today, the doctor there said that it is likely that I have Inflamitory Bowel Disease, but that we would need some tests to rule out amoeba (I just got back from traveling Japan). My question is Could an inflamed colon be caused by inserting a finger lubed with anti-bacterial soap in your anus?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello, Jenkons ,
Sudden onset of fever, abdominal pain and history of recent travel may
be indicative of some form of intestinal infection. I do not believe that
cleansing your anus with antibacterial soap had anything to do with this.
Your doctor is right in suggesting stool tests to rule out parasites etc.
I am not sure if you are also having diarrhea or bloody stools.
In general, Inflammatory bowel diseases include ulcerative colitis, crohn's
disease. Bacterial and parasitic conditions can also cause this type of
change on a CT-scan.
Follow your doctor's advise.
Wish you well,