Abdominal pain, gastroenteritis, diarrhea, pain subsiding. Treatment for diarrhea?

Hello, I have been suffering with Gastroenteritis since last Friday, and whilst the abdominal pain has finally begun to subside, there has been no let up in the diarrhea (I have not had any sickness). I have been to see my GP today who said it would clear up in time, but I was not re-assured. My main concern is that the quality of the diarrhea is not improving at all... I have been keeping well hydrated and eating simple foods... do you have any advice for me? Many thanks,
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012