Abdominal pain, fatigue, weakness, loss of appetite. WBC, blood sugar normal. What seems like the problem?

My 3 year old has a temp of 96.3 ( thermometer is fine because I checked mine and got 98.9). He is also having stomach pains (no diarrhea ) for the past few days with extreme fatigue and weakness. He had what we thought was a stomach bug 4 nights ago because he was up all night throwing up. He has not thrown up since. He is drinking plenty of fluids but still doesn t have quite an appetite yet. He of course was puny the next day but still went outside and played on his swing set, etc. The day after that he was fine and back to his normal self, except for appetite. On the third day, he was picked up from daycare and was extremely weak and fatigued. He would walk a few steps and collapse to the floor and want to lay there. Took him to the doctor. Flu test was negative, blood sugar was normal and WBC was normal. Doctor said he thought he just needed to regain his strength from several days ago. I was confused because he had already had his strength back on day 2. Now on day 4 and we were able to get him to eat a little bit more, but he just laid around and would not play. Still really weak. He wakes up in the middle of the night (right now) and complains of his tummy hurting (this is now 2 nights in a row). He has had normal bowel movements and is not dehydrated. Of course, he feels cool to the touch, even in his fleece pajamas and his temp is 96.3. What could it possibly be? Taking him back to his pediatrician when they open.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013