Abdominal pain, elevated enzymes. Removed gall bladder. Long-term weed smoker. Cause of pain?

My friend Jean has some serious chronic pain in his abdomin that is intensified when he is hungry. Its so aweful that he was been to the hospital numerous times with no help. All tests repeatedly come up negative-- they thought pancreatitus because of elevated enzymes but no. He had a necrotic gall bladder which was removed, but this did not stop his problem and only intensified it. He is a very long term(40 years) weed smoker. Would it be possible that this unknown incredible pain he has where his stomach turns badly is from chronic weed use? Withdrawal? I read about some new type of syndrome too?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013