Abdominal pain during pregnancy. Ultrasound normal. Prescribed Flagyl for bacterial vaginosis. Safe to take?

I am 6 weeks pregnant. Yesterday I went to the ER because of abdominal pain . They did an ultrasound , everything is ok with my pregnancy, but I do have Bacterial Vaginosis . They gave me Flagyl 500mg to treat it. The info sheet I received at the pharmacy says don t take in the first three months of pregnancy . Now I don t know if I should take it or not. I know it needs to be treated because it can be harmful to the baby but I was wondering if there are other ways to treat it (Probiotics etc...) Thank you for you help! Elizabeth
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012