Abdominal pain during intercourse, brown vaginal discharge, lumbar area hurting. Due to birth control?

Hi my name is sarah and my concern is: 4 days ago i experienced abdominal pain during intercourse . The following morning I noticed brown vaginal discharge . And for the last 4 days it has been that way. It isn t a heavy discharge. I should be getting my next period within the next week but I have never had this happen before. I experience some sharp pains in my lower abdomin but only at night and they go away quickly. My lumbar area has also been hurting, the right side more significantly. I m not sure if the reason is bc my next cycle is coming soon or bc of something else. The discharge had an odor the other day but I haven t noticed a odor since. I am 22 years old and am on a relationship. My partner and I do not use protection, however. Is this something I should be concerned about? How can I tell if it is urgent to see my doctor or if this is normal?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013