Abdominal pain, diarrhea. Taken acetaminophen. Urine test shows pus cells. Will doxycycline help?

Good day doctor! 4 days ago, my friend had abdominal pain and diarrhea . He had fever for a day but was relived with acetaminophen 500 mg given as neede. He had his urine and stool examined the next day and it was found that he had pus cells on his urine and was given ciprofloxacin taken twice a day. His stool exam revealed 2+bacteria and 4+ yeast cells. He was prescribed with doxycycline 100mg three times a day. Are the antibiotics prescribed right for his infection?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013