Abdominal pain, burning along esophagus, nausea, vomitting, numbness, weakness in arm, shortness of breath. Possible heart problems?

I m trying to help my daughter-in-law re; her symptoms: she presented yesterday with abd. pain in the center,burning along the esoph.,nausea& some vomiting , but with numbness/weakness in left arm & some shortness of breath. Sent her to walk-in, was given TECTA. Symptoms subsided, but are back again (milder).Told her to go back to walk-in tomorrow. should we be concerned about possible heart problems?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013

Thank you for the query.

Chest burning, left arm numbness and shortness of breath can be caused by heart disease and should be always checked with ECG and heart enzymes level. Stress test and heart ultrasound should be also performed.
If no heart problems, symptoms are caused by either acid reflux disease or peptic ulcers. Shortness of breath can be caused by asthma disease which is very often associated with acid reflux disease.
You should have upper GI endoscopy, abdominal ultrasound, and blow test (spirometry performed).
Avoid coffee, chocolate, fruit juices, fatty foods, soft drinks. Drink more mineral water.

Hope this will help.