Abdominal pain, bloating. Taken painkillers. Sweating, nausea. Ultrasound showed gallstone

Hi Stephen, since Aug 2011 I have had 6 (what I think are) gallbladder attacks.... the pain comes on suddenly, and gets very intense, but it is only in my upper middle abdomen, directly under middle of my chest, not right hand side at all, do have a bit of bloating swelling on both sides of where the pain is radiating... I do manage to get rid of the pain within a couple of hours after quite a few pain killers, codeine forte, plus nurofen and hour later, plus another couple of paracetmol half an hour later... it does eventually ease and go away. And the next day, you would not think any thing is wrong with me, apart from a little tenderness, sensitivity in the middle abdomen where the pain was. I do get sweaty throughout and feel like, or do vomit ... Now here is the interesting bit, the attacks have been every 12 weeks since August 2011, not a week more or less... in fact I can anticipate them coming on, not feel them, but know they are coming... my last ultrasound just after the first one only showed 1 gallstone and no inflammation, so I am therefore not convinced that it is the gallbladder that is the issue.. I am going for another ultrasound next week, but am concerned that by then there will be no inflammation from this attack. Am interested in your thoughts.. I am also very reluctant to get my gall bladder out, due to other repercussions and sometimes not even curing the pain that I have been experiencing.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013