Abdominal pain below rib cage. Pain radiates from back to shoulder. Can alcohol trigger pain?

Hi, I have a sharp pain across my upper abdomen just below my ribcage and across my breasts. The pain radiates through to my back to both shoulder blades. It is slightly worse on the left side. It is tender on the left side of my upper abdomen just below my rib cage. I have been experiencing pain across my abdomen off and on for some months. In February I had very itchy skin - scalp , ears, arms legs and sides of torso but no rash . My stools were paler in colour. I find that alcohol can trigger pain. Sometimes when the pain is severe I feel sick. The pain varies and is not constant.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013