Abdominal pain and bloody bowel movement after eating bread. Worrisome

We went out to dinner tonight and I ate spaghetti and bread. I have been having cramps like I have to use the restroom. Spent about 30min or so with a couple bowel movements. This was about 6 hours ago. Now I went to use the bathroom and bloody mucas game out when I thought I had to poop. My stomach is cramping and I dojt know if I should sleep it off or go to the er
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013

Thank you for the query.

Any loose stool with blood in it should be checked with stool test. Its because such symptom can indicate bacterial infection like Salmonella or Shigella. This can be caused by a food you have taken recently. Other possible symptoms which can be present are abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, fever.
I suggest you to visit your doctor and do not wait with it. Stool test and stool culture test should be done. Antibiotics might be necessary.

Hope this will help.