Abdominal pain and Nausea on eating certain foods.

Hi, I suffered from a severe attack of pain in my abdomen , just under my ribs in my stomach on the left side after eating spicy food. This was 4 months ago and I was given Lanzoprazole to take down the swelling of my stomach, since then any time I eat chocolate, caffeine, and certain foods, like cheese it starts to hurt instantly, and I sometimes get the feeling of nausea .
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Apr 2013
Dear alice ,these are typical symptoms in gastritis, including hiatal hernia and GERD or food alergies. You need do gastroscopy and stomach biopsy to rule this out .
Food you ve mentioned is irritating your stomach and you simply need to avoid it.
Dont lay 2 hours after eating and sleep with your upper body elevated. Eat more fresh fruit and green and drink water and milk. You may need taking certain antibiotic if you have helicobacter infection. It can be seen after gastroscopy. Ask your doctor about other drugs such as ranitidin and antacides.

Wish you good health.