Abdominal pain, USG shows ovarian cyst. How will it affect me in the future?

Hi doctor. I am 21 years old. I ve had irregular periods from the very start. I missed my periods in May and June and went to see a homeopath , who advised USG of Pelvis . In the test (taken in July), impression was: Thickened endometrium . I got my periods on the same day. Then again, I didn t get periods in the month of August. (medicine was continued) Now meanwhile, I got fever, chills, headache, feeling of bloating and nausea, distended stomach, problem in digestion etc. I also passed muddy urine for two days (4th and 5th Sep). The problem subsided itself. The doctor advised the Liver Function Test . Reports are normal. For 5 days, I had been experiencing continuous mild pain in left and center lower abdomen. The doctor advised USG of Abdomen and Pelvis (conducted yesterday). Impression here is: B/L follicular cysts. (Right ovary shows a thin walled cyst measuring approx 29*24.3 mm in size. Left ovary shows a thin walled anechoic cyst measuring approx 30*33 mm.) I wish to know the severity of the case. And, how will it effect me in future? Are all the other symptoms too related to this problem? I today consulted a Gynecologist. She has mentioned PCOD (though its not mentioned in the report) on the card and has asked to take Regestrone 3 times for 3 days, after which periods should start in a week. She has asked to visit her on the first day of periods. What is PCOD?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012