Abdominal pain. Normal ultrasound. Had tubes tied. Is it ectopic pregnancy?

My girlfriend has been having pain in her lower right abdomen and back. Its been bothering her for a few weeks. It would come and go. But it started a couple days ago and never went away. She went to the ER yesterday and they said she didn t have appendicitis , cysts , or any stds. They did an ultrasound and found nothing. Last night she said her right breast started to feel a little sore and she started cramping on her right side today. Her normal cycle should start here in the next few days. But I m really worried about her. She had her tubes tied after her last child. But all the symptoms seem to point towards an ectopic pregnancy . We bought a home pregnancy test tonight that she is going to take in the morning. Has anyone had a similar experience? I m not sure what to do. Any advice is appreciated.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013