Abdominal pain. Negative pregnancy test. Clumpy, red discharge. Pregnant?

I haven t had my period for a couple months and I thought it was because if my birth control throwing it off. Then about two weeks ago I had the worst abdominal pain I ve ever had. Worse than cramps . I decided to take a pregnancy test and it was negative. Now this week I still haven t had my period but I am discharging thick, red, fleshy feeling clumps. Pretty big, maybe quarter size. They have strands of like white/pinkish in it. This has never happened before. Could I have been pregnant and lost it really early, or is this common?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013