Abdominal pain, CT scan, blood test done, detected with bump like things near lymph nodes. Advised oncologist consultation. Reason?

I was just given a CT scan for abdominal pain of my left side (even with my belly button). Also had a blood test (normal, no oddities). The Doctor thought I might have diverticulitis . All the organs looked good from all cross sections. Then he said they found a few bump-like things near the lymph nodes in that area. He wasn t saying anything about cancer, but has me scheduled to see a hematologist/ oncologist later today for additional testing. I don t have any fever, nausea, vomitting, blood in stool or urine, swelling, etc. I just have this recurring pain. Sometimes it s worse than other times, but I can still do my daily activities (work, ride a bike, etc.). Needless to say I m scared at the thought of seeing the oncologist. Any idea as to what this could be?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012