Abdominal distension, vomiting, sweating, acute pain, no bowel sounds after bowel resection operation. Need to be worried?

Hi, my husband had a bowel resection operation and two days later had symptoms such as grossly distended abdomen, vomiting 300ml of green bile, sweating, confusion, acute pain and burning, and no bowel sounds. He was left for a further 3 days before being admitted to ICU .. i am just confused as to why it took so long for them to admit him as i, obviously, am not a doctor but the symptoms would to me have suggested something was seriously wrong. thank you .. nicole
Asked On : Sat, 7 Dec 2013