Abdominal discomfort and swelling, dark stools. History of hemorrhoid and constipation. Any ideas?

Hi, I have lower right side abdominal discomfort and swelling . Saw my GP last Wednesday and he said my cecum was blocked, prescribed fybogel and said come back in a month. The swelling has been there for at least a month visibly but I ve felt discomfort here for a long while (years). It makes me feel I need to urinate frequently and sometimes, usually when I m near my monthly I can leak a little urine. I m hypothyroid , diagnosed two years ago and on 125mcg thyroxine . I have had problems over last four years with haemorrhoids and constipation . When I saw my GP last week I d had a little bleeding and some mucussy pus when trying to go. I was feeling generally unwell and a little nauseuos and had been that way for over a week. I am managing to pass stools, they are quite dark and pellet like, I still feel unwell and am getting more and more worried about the swelling. I don t feel I can wait a month, any ideas? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012