Abdominal cramps turned into sharp pain under rib cage. Friend suffering from same problem. Reason?

Hi, a few days ago I suddenly started having abdominal cramps that turned into a sharp pain under my right rib cage. The pain would occur while breathing , laughing, etc. and got worse if I laid down. I went to the hospital for it, and the CT scans came up negative, so they sent me back home with a pain pill prescription. Now I am feeling a bit better, but I am constipated from the contrast fluid. However, my friend told me yesterday she was starting to feel the same symptoms as me and a few minutes ago, she just got taken to the same hospital for the same pains! What is this & could it possibly have been contagious??
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Apr 2013
Dear Kia. This is not contagious. You probanbly have had temporary abdominal bloating with cramps or some abdominal wall nerve was pressed. If CT scan showed nothing the you shouldnt be worried. You could have some stomach disorders such as gastitis,ger dor hiatal hernia. this can cause such pain,especially after meal. So i recommend to do gastroscopy with stomach biospy and the some drugs can be prescripted.

Wish you good health.