Abdominal cramps, heavy periods. Anything to worry about?

I ve been having a cramping sore feeling in my lower abdomen . It started before my last period and has just kept aching. My last period was very heavy with quarter sized clots. I went to the doctor but she wants to wait to see what my next period is like. Is there anything I should worry about. I ve had no dischage and go to the bathroom normally.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Welcome to HCM.
Bleeding in periods is usually depends upon your hormonal response.
Lower abdomen pain usually occurs during period due to uterine cramps.
You can take nsaid with dicyclomin to subside pain,otherwise no need to worry.
Keep in touch with your gynecologist.