Abdominal cramps, bowel movement, sweating. Normal to have temporary fever?

My husband just had the strangest thing happen. He got a terrible cramp in his lower abdomen (he showed me where it was stating it was in a comparable region to where my uterus is) and went to the bathroom. While there, he had a bowel movement that lasted over 10 minutes and during this time, he sweated profusely. He states he was dripping sweat and was so worried, that he almost called me in. The bowel movement started out regular and then changed over to liquid. We both ate some cooked zucchini last night that caused my stomach/bowel movements to be similar today, without the fever-like symptoms. I think I m more worried about the temporary fever during the bowel movement - is this normal? Maybe he let so many electrolytes out during the bowel movement that his body could not cool itself temporarily? He is back in bed, the heat is gone, but his stomach is still upset
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
Thanks for coming to Health Care Magic.
Please both your husband and you visit the emergency care nearby quickly for evaluation and treatment. You both have symptoms indicating food poisoning. Untreated severe dehydration and electrolyte imbalance can lead to complications and I would advice not to delay medical help further.
Hope you and your husband get well soon.