Abdomen Discomfort and Missed Period

I m having this--discomfort in my left abdomen. It s not really painful, it s uncomfortable. A while back I was sick and coughed so bad that my ribs on the left side were sore. Now that soreness or tenderness is still there, but also my lower abdomen is having discomfort. Now, I missed my last period, and I feel odd. And no I m not pregnant. Also, right now I m having this--I feel like I can taste or smell a vomit scent but I don t feel like vomiting...
Asked On : Wed, 21 Apr 2010

Sorry, also to add, I am obese. I don't know if it could be a missed period because I've had wieght issues my whole life, and lately they've gotten worse...IDK

Hi Laura,
You need to go for further investigations like scan etc to rule out any disorder. Your nausea may be due to indigestion or irregular bowel movements or Anemia etc. Thanks take care.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
From your history it seems that pain in left abdomen and on the ribs may be due to stretching of muscles of abdomen and ribs causing pain or discomfort.
As you are obese,you might have hypothyroid and PCOD resulting in irregular period.
Consult gynaec and get investigated.
Ok and bye.