ALT and AST levels elevated. No liver issues. Taken anti-viral shots. On alcohol. What is going on?

I am a 35 year old male. No family hx of liver failure or cancer. I just had a physical done and all of my test came back normal besides my ALT and AST levels were elevated. AST 88, and ALT 147. I'm celibate, don't use IV drugs, run a mile everyday, and do not smoke. I am not diabetic or hypertensive. I'm 6'4" and weigh 191 pounds. Hwvr, three years ago I did experience an accidental needle stick while on the job. I went straight to the emergency room and I was tested for HIV, Hep C, Herpes and a host of other blood borne diseases. After taking precautionary anti viral drugs for 30 days I followed up with additional blood work and everything came back negative. I had blood work done 6 months later, and a year later. All test were negative. Hwvr, three years later my ALT and AST levels are elevated. Although, lately I have been drinking 1-2 beers everyday after work. Could 1-2 beers daily cause an increase in ALT/AST levels or could I have contracted Hep C from that unfortunate needle stick 3 years ago?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013