ADHD, ADD, sleeplessness, unable to concentrate, behavioral issues, immature. What can be done?

hi, I believe my step son (age 6) has ADHD or ADD, he constantly gets up in the middle of the night he lays in bed for about an hour and half before bed every night, he doesn't listen when told to do something, he can't stay still for anything he moves constantly, he can't consentrate on his school work, he can't keep his hands and feet to himself, he gets sent home from school almost every other week, he gets into fights at school, he is always very hyper even when he doesn't have any sugar or candy, I took him to a ADHD doctor in Clinton ok where we live, and he said he wanted to wait till hes 7 to see if it goes away with maturity, I need a second option I honestly do not think it will goe away, his dad and I got custody of him about a year ago and we've noticed it since.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013