ACL rupture in the knee while playing. Surgery suggested. Knee gets locked up on sitting. What is the recovery period after surgery?

Good Morning Doctors, I am having ACL Rupture in my left knee from last one and half year this happened while playing cricket. i can t run but while walking its ok. i was being suggest operation but for now i don t have time to get it done,so how long can i delay and what are the problems that can arouse in future please guide me on this..... and twice happened that after sitting in lotus position when i opened my leg i felt lock in that knee and can t close or open my leg and it has severe pain for a some time i put some ice on knee which gave some comfort, i felt like some twist inside the knee for some time and then again it became normal with slightly pain that persists for some days. And i will like to know how soon i should get operated and how long it will take to be normal after being operated...will i be able to run or play i used to be earlier....
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012