ACL reconstructive surgery, smoking marijuana. Will this slow down the healing process?

Hi, I had acl reconstructive surgery (allograft) 3 days ago and I was wondering about the effects of smoking marijuana on the healing process. More specifically, vaporizing the marijuana to prevent the intake of some of the more toxic elements. Will vaporizing weed be any different than smoking weed for healing? Are both detrimental to my knee healing?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012
Smoking marijuana is associated with a delay in the process of healing as it attenuated the natural immune mechanism of the body. It also predisposes you to more frequent infections. So, avoiding weed will be best for you.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal